Thursday, November 6, 2008

Priorities

I spent my time on a prayer meeting and on boys and Bible study and building Christian community and being a friend. But then I had to choose between finishing homework and getting some sleep. Is this good stewardship of my time? I want to believe I invested my time in worthwhile things--especially since I prayed several times for God to use my time as He willed today.

Four hours of sleep and statistics homework still undone is not what I think of as good time management. What am I doing with my life? All the things that are most important. . . So it must be good time management. . .

Is it selfish of me to want more sleep?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It is in vain that you rise up early
and go late to rest,
eating the bread of anxious toil;
for he gives to his beloved sleep."

I don't think it's selfish to desire sleep; it's your body telling you it needs rest to do the work you want to do. It refreshes your spirit and refocuses your mind. It helps you clarify and keep in mind goals. It's necessary to be more effective as a leader, speaker, etc. So it would be unselfish, if you need your sleep so you can be better at the things you love to do.
I'd do your homework if it could help, but I'm afraid I would screw it up. =I

Ren said...

dude, sleep > all.
without sleep you can't do any of the good things you intend to do. Your body will eventually shut down. So even if you feel like you're spending too much time on things that are trivial, just remember that sleep is not trivial and without it you can get serious side effects.